# bedroom design

Fetcham schoolgirl has her dream bedroom created in show home at new housing development

Comments (0)

A Fetcham school girl has had her dream bedroom brought to life in the show home for a new 26 home riverside development.

10-year-old Oakfield Junior School pupil Freya Wigley won a competition in May to submit a design for the show home for the new Linden Homes development in River Walk, Fetcham.

Freya's 'tree-tops' design is based on her love of the outdoors and includes roses climbing the furniture and decorative bird boxes against soft blue-sky walls with hand-painted fluffy clouds.

After winning the competition and the show home being completed Freya, her family and Mole Valley District Council chairman councillor Simon Ling, who presented Freya with a framed picture of her bedroom design to take home, were invited to be the first to see the realisation of her design.


READ MORE: Leatherhead High Street to be closed to cars all day for six weeks

Freya said: "I was really nervous to see how my design was going to look in real life but I absolutely love it.

"The bird boxes, roses and clouds are my favourite parts. The design features elements of my bedroom at home, but is finished with additional items that bring it all together.

"I'm really proud of my design and love drawing in my spare time. A lot of what I do is based on my love of the seaside so it was nice to do something different for the competition."

The River Walk development is made up of 26 three and five bedroom homes with prices starting £599,950 and some of the properties are on sale now.

READ MORE: If you love meat you are going to love this new restaurant that's just opened on Dorking High Street

For more information on the development call 01883 787 470 or visit: www.lindenhomes.co.uk

Let's block ads! (Why?)

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/fetcham-schoolgirl-designs-showhome-bedroom-for-26-home-development/story-30498342-detail/story.html