# decorating idea

Your Turn/Barb McTucker

Posted: Aug. 19, 2017 12:01 am Updated: Aug. 19, 2017 11:10 pm

When I was a kid, I wanted to be ... a hairdresser like my mom.

What would you rather be doing right now? Boating on the Mississippi with friends or sitting on a beach with a good book. It's a toss up.

Shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone that ... I love to clean, organize spaces and mow ... weird, I know.

Other than your wedding day and/or the birth of your children, what was your proudest moment? Military graduation of our oldest son, Mason. Proud mom moment.

It really stinks when ... I encounter people with a sense of entitlement.

What word in the dictionary would your face be next to? Enthusiastic or driven.

I always laugh when ... others laugh. It's contagious, even when I don't know why we are laughing.

Invite any three people, living or dead, to dinner. Who are they? My adored gigi because she was one of my favorite people. My mom because she is my best friend, and Ellen DeGeneres because I love her spirit and sense of humor.

At the end of a really long day at work, I like to ... take a drive in the country with my hubby and our dog, Timber.

People who knew me in high school thought I was ... friendly, outgoing and a person with integrity.

My most unforgettable brush with greatness was ... I was able to meet and take a photo op with the first woman in Rotary, Dr. Sylvia Whitlock. She is an inspiring woman with the drive to overcome many obstacles for the sake of service above self!

I would drop all my plans tonight if I had the chance to ... go on a weekend getaway with my husband. Hint, a bed and breakfast would be nice, Richard McTucker.

If someone gave me a million dollars, there is STILL no way I would ... be a Cub fan. Go Cardinals!

America should be more concerned about ... I worry about a lot, about drugs in America and the increasing sense of entitlement and the devalueing of human life and property.

I'm OK if there's ever a national shortage of ... bottles of lotion.

When I'm on the Internet, I always go to ... Pinterest. I am always searching for decorating ideas and recipes.

What is the most useful piece of advice you have ever received? Don't always believe what others are telling you. They may not have the whole story, and it may be opinion and not fact-based. Mr. Schultz, high school teacher.

When I'm cruising down the road, I'm likely listening to ... rock or ‘80s.

I always get sentimental when ... anything patriotic makes me sentimental.

The older I get, the more I realize ... my parents were right about a lot of things, and time does really speed up.

If I had one "do-over," I would ... buy better shoes.

My favorite item of clothing is ... My most cherished pieces of clothing are the outfits I brought both my boys home in when they were born.

If I've learned anything at all ... Control the controllable, and be the person my dog thinks I am.

Barb McTucker, 42, and her husband of 22 years Richard have two amazing sons, Mason, 20 and Reid, 16. They live in rural Barry. She is a vice president for Farmers State Bank in Pittsfield and gets the opportunity to work with lots of great customers and coworkers every day. She is a past Pittsfield Rotary President and loves to spend time with her girlfriends.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

http://www.whig.com/20170819/your-turnbarb-mctucker