# decorating idea

6 easy no-carve pumpkin decorating ideas

I have a confession. Ready? I hate carving pumpkins. I hate sticking my hand in the innards of the pumpkin. That slimy, stinky goo makes me gag. With that said, I’ve been somewhat of a party pooper when it came to the fall tradition with my kids. Let alone the thought of my littles having those (kid-friendly) carving tools. So, I’ve been bare bones about it for the last few years and legit put them out from biggest to smallest with no cutting or decorating. Well, that’s not gonna work anymore, my almost four-year-old is asking and I’m compromising.

We’ve settled on finding alternatives to be festive without the gunk on my hands…and yes, I’m also avoiding glitter. Because glitter is the devil. Here are 8 unique and easy no-carve pumpkin crafts perfect for a fall afternoon craft sesh.

Marble Pumpkins

I found this video by Color Made Happy and instantly saved it. What a genius way to brighten up your front stoop without a lot of effort. (For the record, this is the one we’re working on this afternoon!)

Make a Statement

With cute sayings like “Bow Down Witches,” “Trick or Treat Yo’ Self,” or “I’m here for the Boos.” Check out this quick video with the tutorial.

Glitz and Glamour

Want some luxe-looking pumpkins sparkles left everywhere throughout your house and body? Yeah. Me too. Use gold sequins to create a sophisticated polka dot effect like this or get a fresh modern look with matte and metallic paint (pictured above).

Tulle and Lace

Love the look of spiderwebs without that material getting stuck in your hair, clothing or landscaping? Try using tulle or lace to get that spooky effect with a touch of edge.

Something Magical

Unicorns are kind of a big deal in our house. Long story. Anyway, both my girls have a slew of unicorn themed stuff and this one was a winner winner chicken dinner. I have a feeling this will be one of our projects to go along with her unicorn themed birthday cake in two weeks. Thankfully, this tutorial is pretty detailed (P.S. just use google translate unless you’re a fluent Spanish speaker.)

Teal Pumpkin Project

Want to raise awareness for food allergies and promoting inclusion of all trick-or-treaters throughout the Halloween season? Paint a pumpkin teal to signify that your house will provide an alternative treat.

Now go get crafting! I’m pretty sure this also solves the issue of squirrels devouring our pumpkins the moment they arrive on our front steps.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

http://www.chicagoparent.com/learn/crafts/no-carve-pumpkin-decorating-ideas/